Thursday, December 19, 2013

Review: LUSH - The Hair Doctor Hair Treatment


Hello again,

This product was given to me as a sample to try out by someone in LUSH who happened to have kinky-curly hair like mine. I don't know her name, but SHOUTOUT TO HER!

So, the ingredients in this product are:
Water, Irish Moss Powder, Fullers Earth, Cetearyl Alcohol, Perfume, Irish Moss Decoction, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Almond Oil,Peppermint Oil, Rosemary Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Soya Lecithin, Glycerine, Yeast, Red Henna, Lanolin, Cetrimonium Bromide, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate,*Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool

*occurs naturally in essential oils

The ingredients in green are natural ingredients while those in black are said to be safe synthetics.


My thoughts:
From seeing those synthetic ingredients, you guessed right I was a little sceptical about this product, but I still tried it out on two corners (opposite sides) on the hair near the nape of my neck.

This product smells really good and if you saw my tweet a few minutes ago, the results of this product.....oh my.....they were divine!

My hair felt so moisturised after using this product and.....here's the funny thing, I had the most defined, most beautiful looking twist out from using this product! The thing is, I put deep conditioners in my hair in sections and twist my hair as I'm done with each section. I undid the twist on those sections just before rinsing out and was like, "OH.MYYY.GOSH!" The rest of my twists were nowhere near defined when I took them down plus my hair was damp from deep conditioning so, it was pretty cool that it could still hold a twist out look.

This product left my hair shiny and gorgeous looking and OHMIGOSH IT MADE MY HAIR FEEL SOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!

Would I use this product again:
If I get really busy at any point in time and I can't whip up a DC for myself, yes, I will buy this product and use it.

Would I recommend this product to people:
If you don't mind the few synthetic ingredients, yes, I will recommend this.

If I was rating with stars, how many stars would I give this product:
4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment