If you want to, please read this post by the Curl Whisperer-----> Naked Hair
If that doesn't open, try this ----------------------------------> Naked Hair
Okay! so, about 2 weeks ago, something (which I won't talk about now, maybe later) happened and well, I was emotionally unstable. The last thing on my mind was caring for my hair. I quit moisturising and other things I normally would do to my hair on a daily basis. I actually slept without my satin bonnet thingy on for some time. Actually, I couldn't really sleep, but I had my head on a cotton pillow overnight without a satin bonnet thingy on my head.
Anyways, when I started getting better, I resumed putting on my satin bonnet thingy as I finally could remember and think of putting it on before sleeping, but I still didn't moisturise or anything like that, they were the last things on my mind. However, I did think, "you're hair must be dry and totally messed up right now." So, I had my hair in braids and when I finally took them down, my hair felt.... I cleansed my scalp and air dried and my hair felt....should I tell you?...yes?....no?....yes?....we're talking about naked hair here....it..it felt....it feltttttttt.....GREAT! So soft, manageable, so good, and most definitely not dry, brittle and frizzy.
I'm not saying you should go sleep on a cotton pillow without a sating scarf, bonnet, or satin bonnet thingy, or you should neglect your hair. I'm just saying that my hair felt so AWESOME!!!!!
Till the day before yesterday, I was rocking naked hair and yesterday, I just got a tad bit (less than a 1p coin) of 100% natural/ unrefined shea butter on my end after getting my hair braided in cornrows.
Can't wait to take my braids down on Friday and rock my totally awesome curly many. Oh! and I've finally been able to achieve a bun/puff thingy and even a second-day hair bun/puff thingy (didn't take it down, just put on 2 satin bonnet thingies and slept like that). Someone saw my hair at my last concet (on Saturday 16d/06m/12y) and told her daughter, who's transitioning, "look at how nice her hair is, you should learn how to do that." I must say, I did get a 'big head' from that comment. hehe
Anways, incase you want to try what I normally do and see if you get great naked hair (if you haven't been able to yet, that is), I:
- SO do not use shampoo. In case you've never read any of my posts that mention that I'm CG, I'm CG :) and lovin' it!
- I use only homemade products, and I make ALL my hair products (some of my recipes are on here). Every ingredient I use is 100% natural.
- I noticed that bottled water makes my hair feel WAY better than tap does. So I rinse or moisturise with bottled water or I wash/rinse out with tap water (from the shower) then I do a final rinse with bottled water. It so makes a difference.
- I give things a break from time to time. Like I can quit using shea butter for some weeks then continue using it or I can quit using oils for some weeks then continue. I'm not very consistent esp. with my hair regimen. I tweak it every now and then, but as long as my regimen is still very similar, I don't alter it online.
- I deep condition my hair overnight on a weekly basis.
- I don't remember the last time I used heat on my hair (it should be about a year, or so now)
- I try not to touch my hair often, but honestly, my hand keeps going up in my hair often hehe
By the way, I still have relaxed ends (but I'm cutting them off just before I braid my hair with extensions which is in a couple of weeks).
Love you all,
Enjoy your naked hair!
p.s I used to have this image that hair that's not naked had clothes on. Hmm.....