Saturday, May 30, 2015

Product Review: Flaxseed gel

Picture from LetMeLetYouKnow

So, I tried this out for the first time a few days ago. I made it using 1 part flaxseeds to 8 parts water followed by a bit of extra virgin olive oil and extra virgin coconut oil after straining out the gel.

This product acts like a gel, yes, it did it's job. HOWEVER, it left my hair flaky and looking dirty. It was so bad that I had to cowash my hair TWICE (after covering it up to go for a mini party to celebrate my friend's court wedding). The flakes were crazy!

Despite the flaking, the gel left my hair feeling soft, moisturised and nice, actually. I liked what it did for my hair.

I'm sorry, I'm jumping around here.

Applying the gel was not really messy. It was an easy application. I do plan on retrying this product before I completely write it off. The next time I use it, I'll use less on each section and pray that that leads to no flakes and still defined curls and a good hold and set.

So, this was a short review. Shorter than even I expected.

Remember, products work differently for people and I know quite a number of ladies who did not experience flaking from using this gel (and I know others who got dry hair from it. Not sure how that happened, but hey! we all have different hair!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment