Sunday, June 8, 2014

My Crochet Braids Regimen

So, I've had my crochet braids in for about 2-ish months now and it still looks fabulous.
I have a different type of extensions in this time and it's closer to my natural hair texture.

I haven't worked out as much since I got them installed so I haven't had to wash or rinse them out as often.

Here's my regimen:

  • When I feel buildup on my scalp, that's when it needs to be cleaned. I either spray a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water between the cornrows or I make the mixture, get some on a cotton ball and gently move it up and down, left and right between each cornrow. I live the ACV in my hair overnight and gently rinse out in the morning. No conditioning.
  • Every morning I refresh my curls with wet hands and whenever I wash my hands I dry them in my hair to refresh it some more. This has helped it stay defined and look good.
  • I cut out tangles joining clumps of curls together and any flyaway-like strands of here at the bottom of each clump of curls.
  • I work oily hands through the curls when it needs that extra shine.
I think that's all.
I've swam with this hair and I won't advice anyone to do that. It gets SO HEAVY! Ohmigosh! And the chlorine dries the extensions and your hair quite a lot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment