By Natalie Phillip of Three Naturals
Here are a few tips if you’re beginning the natural hair journey or you are struggling with your daughter’s haircare.
1. YOUTUBE has been a tremendous resource for me. There are so many tutorials and informative videos from everyday people who have tried different products, regimens and styles and choose to share their experiences and results. I’ve tried so many different processes from watching YouTube. Some successful, some not so much, but you won’t know what works for you until you try.
2. BLOGS like this one have also been a huge aid on the journey. Read! Read! Read! It only expands your knowledge and will introduce you to topics you’ve never even considered.
3. PRODUCTS can get expensive if you are shopping while overwhelmed, especially if you’re now starting out. Pricey doesn’t always mean better. Read the labels. Get familiar with the ingredients. Do your research before hitting the stores. Instead of buying a huge bottle of something that may not work for you, ask if they have samples you can try first. Contact the manufacturers and let them know you’re interested in their product but would like to try a sample first. You won’t get it until you ask.
4. ASK QUESTIONS!! Don’t be afraid to inquire with someone who demonstrates great results or a look you think you’d be comfortable with. It may not be as difficult as you think. In the same way, share what you learn and help someone else.
5. Create a GALLERY with all your favorite hairstyles that you can always refer to. Play around and try to recreate them. I would not suggest waiting until you’re ready to go out to try something new. Practice first because your hair will not always cooperate when you need it to.
Take a deep breath and embrace the beauty and journey that IS natural hair!!!
What are your tips? This is a GREAT spot to share them!!